Deckchairs

Deckchairs

Quote

The true university these days is a collection of books.
-Thomas Carlyle

Thursday 3 February 2011

World Book Night


I am very excited to have been picked as one of the 20,000 givers for World Book Night on the 5th March. The book that I chose was Beloved by Toni Morrison, the first book I reviewed on this blog in 2008. I wanted to choose one I had read and found inspiring, and that may introduce readers to a new style of writing that they may not have encountered before.
I will keep you posted on plans on how to give my 48 copies away for this event. There is an organisation I have in mind who may want to be involved.
This is a great idea and I am thrilled to be able to take part.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Have you successfully managed to negotiate where you're going to pick the books up from? I thought I had and then they reorganised everything and are now not answering e-mails about locations. I'm rather worried as mine are already promised.

Leah said...

Annie, I re entered my delivery choice, it was the same as before so either e-mail will do. I guess we just have to hope it all goes to plan. Mine pretty well have plans in one way or another although I am still waiting to hear from the womens centre.

Hay on Wye

Hay on Wye