Sunday, 27 February 2011
Monday, 21 February 2011
Sunday, 13 February 2011
Sunday, 6 February 2011
I am using this post to stay updated with this years challenges, completed parts are in red...
1. Read another Bronte Carried to 2012
2. Read Age of Innocence by Edith Wharton Done
3. Read something by an Eastern European Writer
4. Read an Isabelle Allende Read The House of the Spirits, finished December 2011
5. Read a short story collection - Ox-Tales: Water, various authors, read in January
6. Read an Iain Banks Whit
7. Read another Carson McCullers
8. Read another Emile Zola (carried from last year)
Thursday, 3 February 2011
I am very excited to have been picked as one of the 20,000 givers for World Book Night on the 5th March. The book that I chose was Beloved by Toni Morrison, the first book I reviewed on this blog in 2008. I wanted to choose one I had read and found inspiring, and that may introduce readers to a new style of writing that they may not have encountered before.
I will keep you posted on plans on how to give my 48 copies away for this event. There is an organisation I have in mind who may want to be involved.
This is a great idea and I am thrilled to be able to take part.