I am using this post to keep track of my progress through my challenges for 2013. These tasks are not set in stone, but used to help organise and guide my reading throughout the year. Completed challenges are marked in red.
1. Read another classic American novel
2. Find second hand copies of
The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte
Under The Greenwood Tree and/or The Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy
Persuasion by Jane Austen
3. Read another novel by George Eliot
4. Read a detective mystery
Completed First And Only by Peter Flannery in April 2013
5. Read one or two titles that came from our literary holidays
Completed The Red Tent by Anita Diamant in March 2013 which was my lucky dip prize from our 2010 Jane Austen holiday in Hampshire. It was also recommended by those on the holiday too.
6. Read at least one title acquired in a Book Swap at work
Currently reading The Wasp Factory by Iain Banks, acquired in the 2012 bookswap.
7. Read a book associated with a previous World Book Night event.
8. Read a prizewinner, either Man Booker Prize or Orange prize for literature, or similar.
Completed Eve Green by Susan Fletcher, winner of the 2004 Whitbread Book of the Year (First Novel Award) in April 2013.
Also completed The Gathering by Ann Enright, winner of the 2007 Man Booker Prize, July 2013 .