Deckchairs

Deckchairs

Quote

The true university these days is a collection of books.
-Thomas Carlyle

Sunday 1 May 2011

April Roundup

How gorgeous are these Alliums, which are just like mine blooming in the front garden. They are so effective when grouped together. Lovely April, when the flowers come to life!

Read - 2 and a quarter books

Completed -

Through the Garden Gate by Susan Hill

Tinkers by Paul Harding

Currently Reading -

Survivor by Chuch Palahniuk

Through the Kitchen Window by Susan Hill

The English Novel in History 1895 - 1920 by David Trotter

TBR pile - 94 books (according to GoodReads) with none added. I've been good this month.

Challenges - summarised Chapters 4 and 5 from The English Novel in History 1895 - 1920, that I am serialising each month here at The Octogon. Look out for the next 2 chapters during May.

Not strictly a challenge, but I have also read one of the set books for our literary holiday in August in Dorset. Look out for my review of Tinkers by Paul Harding next week.

Wishlist Additions -

Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen

Discoveries - a new blog OverBooked written for followers of the Topsfield Library in Massachusetts. Some nice reviews and a good selection of books.

Events - Finally got my finger out and organised our next bookswap at work after a 2 year absense. A number of colleagues had requested it, probably after having their spring clearouts. It is set for monday 16th May and I'll let you know how it goes.

It is a sunny May Day (and bank holiday/Royal Wedding weekend) up here in Liverpool. I hope it stays awhile.

Onwards into May...

1 comment:

Ann said...

I'm deeply envious that you've already read something for your summer expedition. My Summer School group are still deliberating over what they want to read and I could really do with knowing so that I can get some background work done. I shall have to give them a stir, i think.

Hay on Wye

Hay on Wye